Tuesday, February 9, 2010

One Day at A Time

I've done it before so I don't have the excuse that it is impossible.  I also remember how I felt and how much I liked it. Perhaps, I need to listen to the wisdom of the people I work around everyday = take it one day at a time. 

Today, I rededicated myself to...well...ME and my well being. I've rejoined the Saint Paul YWCA and I've rejoined Weight Watchers.  

Six years ago, I lost 55 pounds. I kept it off for about 15 months and then it started to come back as I ignored the work outs and started to think that I didn't have to keep track of what I was eating.  I'm a stress eater, I know that about myself.  Between 2006 and 2008, I was working on my Master's Thesis, working a full-time job and working as the Event Chair for the 2008 U.S. Figure Skating Championships - all at the same time. I gained back about 45 of the 55 pounds. 

Fifteen months ago, I decided it was time to get serious and get back to it.  In 12 months, I lost 30 pounds, but have been stuck losing and gaining the same 5 pounds since then. I need a break-through and I need to remember what worked last time: be active and be accountable. The accountability is about writing down everything you eat - if you bite it, write it. That's a challenge for me because of the ADD. 

I've struggled with my weight my whole life and it was only after my ADD diagnosis that I was successful on a diet (a first for me); that I was able to stick with something for the long term.  I did it then, so I have to do it again. 

Back in 2004, I would look at my fat photos as a reminder that I didn't want to be like that anymore. Today, I have skinny photos that I can look at and remind myself that I can do it again.

Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment