Monday, August 16, 2010

Waiting and obsessing

There's waiting

and then there's waiting with a group of people who are waiting, too. Group waiting increases the anxiety level for me. Now if I would learn to wait quietly, I wouldn't have the pressure of the group, but I'm not sure I'm capable of that.

I'll be honest, I've never been very good at delayed gratification. If there is something out there that exists as a possibility and someone else has control of the decision making, I can obsess on it for hours on end.

It's those times that I am grateful for distractions. Something that requires my undivided attention and keeps me so busy that I'm not thinking, so I'm not obsessing.

And, as soon as I find that distraction, I'll be able to stop obsessing.

Or I'll be able to stop obsessing when the focus of my obsession is concluded. And I'll be able provide the answer to friends who have been waiting with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment